Friday, September 30
I was up earlier than Bob again. I hopped in the shower and then while my hair was drying was playing around on my iPad. Our hotel room looked out over the parking lot but I could see the sun was coming up and it looked like a nice day.
I was wishing we had a view of the lake when I happened to remember that there is a live webcam pointing at the canal. I logged in and saw a BEAUTIFUL sunrise behind the lighthouse! Bob was still sleeping and my hair was wet, but I didn't care. Putting on real shoes would take too long so I slipped on my Crocs, grabbed my camera and out the door I went.
The sun was starting to get a little higher in the sky, but was behind a few clouds which gave everything a golden glow. Within just a few minutes the sun popped out of the clouds and the sky became bright blue but in those minutes I managed to get a few photos. These are probably my favorite for the whole week!
Back in the room I went online and checked the Duluth shipping schedule for the day. I was excited to see a ship was scheduled to arrive between 9:00 and 9:30. That gave us time to get some breakfast and get packed up beforehand.
Sure enough, around 9 am we saw the ship, the Joseph L. Block, headed towards the canal. Lots of other folk were anticipating the arrival as well. We watched as the bridge was raised the full amount to allow the ship to pass underneath.
After watching the ship, we checked out of the hotel and began the drive home. As we did a week earlier, we broke up the driving by spending a night with one of our sons in the Minneapolis area and returned home on Saturday. Another successful fall road trip is in the books!
For now, there are no other travel plans for 2022, but Lord willing we have plans for early 2023!


No comments:
Post a Comment